Von schweikert out of business since Albert's passing?

I have tried and tried to contact Von schweikert via email and phone. I call numbers listed in my manual and they are no longer in service. I have left messages on other numbers that ring. Funny thing is years ago when I emailed Von schweikert he himself answered my questions and made an amp suggestion for me. Has anybody had recent contact with them or know the status or the magical phone number that gets answered?

dpm2340

I think it's inexcusable for a company to simply opt to no longer answer their phones and hope people exhaust themselves by hunting around to find them on facebook to "message" them. Seems to be a trend in the restaurant business too. I don't purchase from companies that are impossible to reach - it clearly indicates what it'll be like when or if you have a problem later. 

Another former owner here. I bought the VR4 Silvers after hearing them at Hi-Fi 96 in Manhattan and meeting Albert himself. Very nice guy and I enjoyed meeting him and hearing the speakers at the show. I placed an order for the VR4s and my pair showed up with a bad woofer. When I called the factory, Albert answered the phone. He drop shipped another entire woofer enclosure to me with a call tag to pick up the bad one. They had great customer service back in the 90s.

I later bought a pair of VR4 Gen III HSEs but could never recreate that magic from the original VR4.

Oz

I later bought a pair of VR4 Gen III HSEs but could never recreate that magic from the original VR4 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ VS went from a winner and ended with a **Bomb** , too funny.

Thanks for everybody's input. I will email the factory over the weekend and see if I get a reply. I guess that facebook and audiocircle and others are much less expensive compared to buying magazine space. In addition I also assume it is more up to date. I will as I said before let you know how my email is handled. I started contacting the last fall about a pair of speakers I bought and found to have a bad tweeter. So I needed some input from them and quite possibly a part. Mostly I need answers. I purchased a pair of vr4 jr and am having some difficulty positioning them in my room. After all the suggestions in the book they give you a number direct to a tech to help. No answer. So I tried the number on the front of the manual. Obviously it has been changed. sp I turned to the website. I emailed cand called a number of times and did leave messages. Be assured they build a damn good speaker. But also know getting a reply from them or even being able to contact them is a pain in the . . you know.

i have finally spoken to Damon at the factory. Very helpful just as Albert was. We spoke for some time and tried working my issues out. Willing to do anything for me. I now have renewed faith in Vonschweikert. Thanks to everybody for their input.