starting equiment that is cold from being shipped

Is it a real thing that you court problems if you turn on an ice cold amplifier or pre-amp without waiting 24 hours for temperature to rise.  I have long awaited Krell FPB and KCT shipping tomorrow,  It's single digits in the Midwet.  Should I wait a full 24 hours for the equipment to warm inside before introducing any electricity into the components?

bossa

The issue is condensation. I almost lost a laptop this way.

Yes, if it’s really that cold ice will form on the boards, and when you start it it will conduct electricity and short the boards.

Let them warm up and dehumidify to be safe. If you want to make the process quicker, take the tops off and apply a fan (not a blow dryer) for at least 4 hours.

All of this depends on a lot.  How well it was shipped, how long it was ice cold, etc.

Agree 100%. Living in CO cold items show up all the time. I just had a phono stage delivered, it was around 0° for a few days. Opened the box, as soon as the stage hit the warm air the outer case instantly had a bit of condensation, so internally there was moisture as well. I put items in the warmest room in the house until they feel room temp to touch. Sometimes I take off the top panel, but not always.