A better SMP for my cable box.

Hello everyone, 

Over at headquarteraudio (on youtube), Mike speaks of getting better quality TV picture as a result of using a better power supply for his router for his streaming set up. 

Since mine isn't set up the same as his is in Germany, would going for a better SMP than what comes with the cable box result in better performance for my TV?

If so, what would be a better alternative that won't cost a fortune and has anyone tried such a thing? Thanks, in advance and,

All the best,
Nonoise

128x128nonoise

Thanks. I was looking at the iFi and thought it would be an improvement. A rep at musicdirect thought nothing would improve it but the iFi has better filtration, capacitance, etc so I may give it a try.

All the best,
Nonoise

TV picture quality is a big issue. I have Directv and most of the signals now are 720 and a few shows at 1080, if you want 4K you pay extra and there are just a few channels in that resolution.  

I checked out the iFi more closely and found that it doesn't output as much amps as the cable box needs (2.67A). What I did find was this over at audiophilestyle (formerly computeraudiophile). 

The chap who bought it gushes about it's performance and how it beat out a SOtM power supply that goes for 5X the price. He's bought a few already. I'm still going to give it some time and not rush into this.

All the best,
Nonoise