Question about Bi-Wiring

My speakers, Martin Logan Motion 40's, are bi-wire capable.

But I have not tried to bi-wire them just yet.

I was wondering, if I were to get better jumper cables to replace the default metal plate jumpers that came with the speakers, would that accomplish the same results as actually bi-wiring the speakers

Or

Should I just go straight to actually bi-wiring?

Thanks

128x128jay73

ghd Prentice then you must have a hearing problem buddy because bi-wiring  a speaker that is designed to be bi-wired you can hear the difference no problem, but some speakers have four binding posts but they're not properly designed for biwiring but if they are then you will hear the sounds stage open up even more and gets wider and deeper more airy and spacious, so if you've been at this for so long and if you haven't heard a difference you better get your ears checked buddy cuz you don't know what you're talking about..

ghd Prentice then you must have a hearing problem buddy because bi-wiring  a speaker that is designed to be bi-wired you can hear the difference no problem, but some speakers have four binding posts but they're not properly designed for biwiring but if they are then you will hear the sounds stage open up even more and gets wider and deeper more airy and spacious, so if you've been at this for so long and if you haven't heard a difference you better get your ears checked buddy cuz you don't know what you're talking about..

But he said this (about 6 posts into it which I have made Bold and underlined.):

Very true… good quality speaker cable first, and then biwiring. I used a set of Cardas Gold Reference for many years. The primary driver of the sound was the high quality… secondarily the bi-wiring… but to my surprise, bi-wiring was better. Always sounded silly… but it was a bit better.

My thoughts are as follows, If the speaker is bi wireable, then do it. Tannoy designs their higher tier speakers to be bi wired, and it is in the user manual. I have used Audioquest type 4 cables, two pair, to accomplish this. To me, it just sounds better. Tannoy does something I have not seen on other speakers, and that is the provision of a 5th binding post used for grounding. Again, it is mentioned in manual to do this. Who am I to question the manufacturer? So, I have both speakers grounded to my amp using 14 gauge stranded copper wire. According to them, it achieves an even better midrange clarity. My end goal is to eventually use two runs or pairs of Auditorium 23 speaker cable (4 meters). However, that will set me back another $3200. So for now, the Stereophile recommended type 4 cables will suffice. Audio Advisor can make up a pair of Audioquest no frills type 4 cable in any length or termination. I found this to be the best route to keep cost down. They do a very nice job. 

My apogee duetta 2's definitely sound better biwiring, even with inexpensive wire. Using thin stranded wire on the bass foil and thick stranded wire on the mid-range tweeters seems to work best.

always amazed here that some people clearly can type, yet cannot read... 🤷‍♂️