What Class A is better? SUGDEN FPA-4 or PASS LABS XA-25

I`d like experiences of the gurus.

Thanks
sacresta

I listen that Sughen amplifiers in different models, the sound is  not that good. Pass is better.

@snapoli2 ...I’ve owned both, multiple pieces. I like Pass Labs allot but ultimately preferred the Sugden iA4 Masterclass - which I did not think would be the case.

Nice. Trust your ears with your speakers as you found out first hand. What sounds best for you? Try it if you can swing it. I like that Sugden Masterclass series too, had an eye on them myself a while back.. Growing up twenty minutes from Pass/Coda a’philes around me, and many found later there can be other options too. Sugden is a very cool throwback style design and parts inside.

In this case however, I’d likely pick the manufacturer or service-dealer closer to me when considering dealing with repairs, bias tune-ups, shipping heavy amps...bouncing around inside of shipping trucks. Had a few buddies getting stuff damaged in shipping lately. Another consideration in the decision making process, fwiw.

Between those two... Sugden with the right speakers, but Pass is more user-friendly as it can drive/sound better with a variety of speakers.

If I could add another option, Luxman L-590AXII. Definitely sounds better than the Pass to me.

@decooney  So I initially said Sugden... And I think Sugden makes a wonderful machine. But curiosity got the best of me and I went and purchased an INT-25... It's sublime. It really is a fantastic listening experience at moderate listening levels. Im currently running it with a pair of CainTuck Betsy's - sounds very VERY 3D. And the human voice is just front and center. Guitar reverb is other-worldly. I had it hooked up to a pair of Heresy 4 and it was just as good - bass was a bit stronger. It's not cheap, neither is this hobby, in fact it's debilitating sometimes, but it's machines like the INT-25 that make it all worth it. But the caveat it does indeed need to be paired with sensitive speakers. And it does sound a bit strained when you REALLY crank it. But at moderate listening levels, Herb Reichert was bang on, I have never seen so fully into the recording. And the sibilance is just spectacular. K's and S's are perfect. Uncanny projection.

@snapoli2 Good for you.While I've never owned a INT-25, the lower wattage amp is nice too, and unless you like to turn it up loud, I'd prefer the lower watt integrated for regular listening levels most of the time anyhow. Yep, speaker pairing well, matters. I'm more of an all tube system kinda enthusiast any more, yet always enjoy reading about others who've been able to find a new path to enjoy solid state in a similar 3D way. That's really great!