Question about Bi-Wiring

My speakers, Martin Logan Motion 40's, are bi-wire capable.

But I have not tried to bi-wire them just yet.

I was wondering, if I were to get better jumper cables to replace the default metal plate jumpers that came with the speakers, would that accomplish the same results as actually bi-wiring the speakers

Or

Should I just go straight to actually bi-wiring?

Thanks

128x128jay73

If you already have high quality wire on hand is there a negative to bi-wiring?

I think the thing is that great pair of single runs to lower connectors give you a much fuller resolved low-mid info...in my experience.Only negative bi-wire is if doesnt sound good.All about trying.

If you already have high quality wire on hand is there a negative to bi-wiring?

If you already have wire, give it a try.

The cables that I have right now are AudioQuest Type 4.

I have been thinking about getting better cables anyway.

Right now I have the cables connected to the top terminals on the Logan’s but after reading @digsmithd comment, now I am wondering if that makes a difference also (when using just a single pair of cables). I guess I will have to try the lower terminals for now also and see if I hear a difference.

I am looking at some different cables and came across Cardas Parsec. They seem to be good cables and fall within the budget I think.

What do you all think of those, any experience?

I know in general, Cardas seems to make good cables.

If I go with those and like the upgrade, then I might eventually go full Cardas for everything.

@jay73 - ditch those little plates that couple the terminals and replace them with real copper wire.

• Make each jumper 20" long
  • make each jumper from 2 strands of solid UP-OCC copper wire
  • 16 gauge or 14 gauge will suffice
  • use some sort of copper terminal i.e. spade or banana

You could even try Romex - it should work better than those plates

You should hear a noticeable improvement and it should not matter which terminals you connect the cables to.

Those little jumpers are very often made form brass or a copper alloy and they degrade the signal

Hope that helps - Steve