Chinese Cables that sound good

Please share your chinese cable purchases that sounded good, and even horror stories of cables that didn't work out.

People get lured into aliexpress and other sites when the see expensive looking cables that appear very similar to well-known audiophile high-priced units, but at a fraction of the cost.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG TO COPY OTHERS' DESIGNS.  ITS ABOUT WHICH CABLES SOUND GOOD AND/OR PERFORM WELL.

There are lots of chinese cables to choose from:

- Power cables 

- USB cables (separating signal and data)

- Speaker cables

- Interconnects

- HDMI / IIS cables

I've tried a pair of Xansane silver plated copper, braided, speaker cables, to replace generic 12AWG copper that I was using.  The pair cost around $230 CAD.  It appeared to be made well.  However, I didn't notice any difference in the sound of my speakers.  2nd however, I also didn't take notes beforehand or do critical listening...I was just expecting to be blown away somehow but I wasn't.  I will be DIY'ing my future cables (power, interconnects, USB, and maybe speaker) using the DIY Helix cable information found on this site (link to thread).

But for now, I want to see what worked for other people.

128x128fai_v

@artemus_5  Amazon is one of them, yikes.  I am not sure if an average person is going to stop using Amazon services.  Their logistics & IT infrastructure envelops practically much of our daily lives.

Lots of nautical channels all over the world was build at slavery era by slaves. Should we refuse goods shipped through those channels too !? Or should we fight specific individuals and authorities who are responsible for modern slavery and forced labor ?

I have worked in China for over twenty years, in the very contract manufacturing and logistics facilities that make stuff you own. Our sales are bringing millions of people out of poverty. As these companies prosper, wages go up and the standard of living increases. The net is fantastic for China and is. China does violate human rights in some places. So, it is appropriate to put pressure on them, but not indiscriminately. The vast majority live their lives like we do with minimum interaction with the government.

@nyc_ben 

Amazon is one of them, yikes. 

Yes, I know. Walmart too. Both have run mom & pop business out. Both are very convenient to me. But I have decided to buy at other stores when possible

@surfmuz 

Lots of nautical channels all over the world was build at slavery era by slaves. Should we refuse goods shipped through those channels too !?

Oh C'mon! You can't change what HAS happened. But you CAN CHANGE what IS happening NOW. And this IS happening NOW. And many big mfgs are making a fortune off selling slave made products to the US citizens. And many of the US citizens will turn a blind eye to it because they like the cheap products  or audio cables or IPhone or some other trinket,.

@artemus_5

Oh C’mon!

No reason to think about us, US citizens, like we are righteous aliens from another planet cause we build our country with forced labor and slavery too. Highest ideals and words hardly works when money talks. When society get richer humanism comes next.