Neil Young - Barn Documentary

Great behind the scenes look at Mr Young and band at work...

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - A Band A Brotherhood A Barn (Official Documentary)

bigquery

Neil would almost need to be compared in a different category of guitarists.  Like grunge or hybrid grunge LOL - one thing for certain he is a rocker and has a consistent  tone when playing a rock song.  And that is very satisfying to me.

I was surprised to discover out that I have more NY albums than any other artist.

Neil definitely in my top ten live artists, would go see every time he came around. Heard Barn last listening session for first time, these guys can still rock. And I do like the fact Neil has a conscience and has the freedom to exercise it.

I'd agree Neil is different type of guitarist in that he is not the most technically proficient, yet he has unique style, so emotive! His wall of sound when wailing is awe inspiring to me! And yet he can be subtle and gentle at other times.Neil is one of the good ones, misunderstood at times, certainly an iconoclast.

@pops , @sns :

I agree. And when it comes to tunes like Like a Hurricane or Cortez, he's in a class by himself. No one can do what he does when he's deep into playing such tunes.

Neil lost me as a fan with his ignorant rants about HIV and AIDS.

He is dead to me and has been since the 80’s. 

He is as ignorant as Kid Rock.