Chinese Cables that sound good

Please share your chinese cable purchases that sounded good, and even horror stories of cables that didn't work out.

People get lured into aliexpress and other sites when the see expensive looking cables that appear very similar to well-known audiophile high-priced units, but at a fraction of the cost.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG TO COPY OTHERS' DESIGNS.  ITS ABOUT WHICH CABLES SOUND GOOD AND/OR PERFORM WELL.

There are lots of chinese cables to choose from:

- Power cables 

- USB cables (separating signal and data)

- Speaker cables

- Interconnects

- HDMI / IIS cables

I've tried a pair of Xansane silver plated copper, braided, speaker cables, to replace generic 12AWG copper that I was using.  The pair cost around $230 CAD.  It appeared to be made well.  However, I didn't notice any difference in the sound of my speakers.  2nd however, I also didn't take notes beforehand or do critical listening...I was just expecting to be blown away somehow but I wasn't.  I will be DIY'ing my future cables (power, interconnects, USB, and maybe speaker) using the DIY Helix cable information found on this site (link to thread).

But for now, I want to see what worked for other people.

128x128fai_v

For my next cables I want to go with non-soldered connections (screw, crimped, or "welded" like how Blue Jeans Cables does their RCA's, and also go with OCC copper, but I just don't trust aliexpress dealer claims about the quality of their copper.

I've recently seen an aliexpress cable ad informing customers not to believe ads that say the material is 9N or something like that (i can't remember if they were talking about silver or copper), since for that metal, that number of N is not made and those other ads are lying to you. 

I have purchased and use WAudio Power cables and I challenge anyone with crazy expensive power cables to try and see if they wont go sell their crazy expensive cable .

I also use Gear It speaker cables and again, pretty amazing .  Try them and let me know , maybe I am smoking something.    I know another person with 100's of thousands of dollars worth of gear that has also used the above and is blown away. 

Okay, so you don’t mind copyright infringement or theft of technology, so how do you feel about slavery? Like most, I have bought Chinese products and will probably buy more, since it is nearly impossible to buy products that aren’t made in China. However the Wuhan flu has brought many things to view for those who are willing to see. Among them is genocide and forced labor.or slavery. Maybe that doesn’t bother anyone else. But it does bother me.

China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses

See all tags

Please click here for more information related to alleged forced labour abuses in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region

In March 2020, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) published a report Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang, which identified 83 foreign and Chinese companies as allegedly directly or indirectly benefiting from the use of Uyghur workers outside Xinjiang through potentially abusive labour transfer programs.

ASPI estimates at least 80,000 Uyghurs were transferred out of Xinjiang and assigned to factories in a range of supply chains including electronics, textiles, and automotives under a central government policy known as ‘Xinjiang Aid’. The report identified 27 factories in nine Chinese provinces that are using Uyghur labour transferred from Xinjiang since 2017.

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/latest-news/china-83-major-brands-implicated-in-report-on-forced-labour-of-ethnic-minorities-from-xinjiang-assigned-to-factories-across-provinces-includes-company-responses/

@artemus_5  Amazon is one of them, yikes.  I am not sure if an average person is going to stop using Amazon services.  Their logistics & IT infrastructure envelops practically much of our daily lives.