Coleman Hawkins

I have several albums from tenor saxophonists  Ben Webster, Stan Getz, etc., accompanied by string orchestra. I want to know if Coleman Hawkins did any work accompanied by a string orchestra or not. I did a search, but didn't see any such albums. So I am not sure if he ever played accompanied by strings. Appreciate your replies.

pwerahera
Post removed 

….but, there’s always 😊:

Btw, if the “Hawk in Hifi” is the one that your friend refers to, I don’t agree that it is not very good. Billy Byers was one of the great orchestrators of the time. That alone makes it an interesting record. Enjoy.

@frogman 

Thanks for the recommendations. I ordered The Hawk In Hi Fi cd just now. I have Body & Soul. This will be a great addition to my jazz collection. I am a late entry into jazz and I am still discovering many gems. My friend got me most of the jazz albums. My CD collection is very small compared to the records. I will try to track down a record later.

You’re welcome.

Don’t know if you know these “with strings” recordings. Alto instead of tenor, one of my favorite saxophone with strings recordings: