Would appreciate a group consensus on Agon purchased amps

Hello all,

I purchased and recieved a pair of Bel Canto Amps form a fellow Agonner. Amps were well packaged - I paid extra for shipping with Fed Ex as the seller wanted to use UPS. I was informed prior to the sale that he did not have original boxes, and he did package them very well - no issues there.

The question I have is would any of you be bothered if you bought a pair of amps form someone on this forum and they shipped both of them without any power cables?

I rang him and inquired about the missing cables and he informed me that he did not use stock cables for any of his equipment - and the next sentance suggested that I go on Amazon and purchase "$3 dollar cables" for them. (his words).

Also, I sent an email to Bel Canto support inquiring about replacement cables for the amps and after one week have not gotten a response from them. I also find this unusual, but it has nothing to do with the seller.

For me this is a matter of principle, and I feel like I should send them back - I would rather pay more and go through a dealer next time just so I can have some level of client care.

Am I making more of this than is necessary? 

What would you do?

Thanks for taking the time to review.

gotolondon2

I beg to differ with the above responses. Power cables should be included with amps. You should not go as far as sending them back for the missing cables but I can’t blame you for your complaint!

It is a buyers responsibility to ASK the seller what is included  before making the purchase.

First off, Thank you for taking time to reply.

While I agree it seems petty on the surface, I spend most of my time in the UK and got these for a system to use while I am in the US. I do not have extra cables laying about and thus it made them unusable for my application. Also, I think there is a reasonable expectation that a power cable come with the purchase any electronics device, as otherwise it renders it inoperable. Therefore I disagree that anyone should have to ask specifically - (You mean you expected tires to come with that car you just bought?) 

I did order cables, but that added an additional week to my time frame. So, not the end of the world, but something I would not have done myself to another Agonner. If I sent something without a cable I would have mentioned it as it would have arrived unusable. I also wouldn't have been blatently flippant with my response.  

I think an included cheapo stock cable that you can get for a few bucks on Amazon is a 'nice-to-have' in case you don't have any extra power cables around and you want to make sure the device works, but it's not something I would get bent out of shape about. I always replace those things ASAP anyway...