Rogue RP-1 or Schiit Freya

Hello all, I'm looking for opinions regarding my next upgrade. I will be moving from an older NAD pre-amp. Now that I have a Rogue Atlas Magnum III in power duties, I'm looking for a new pre. 

Sources MoFi Ultra deck TT with Ultra Phono Pre. NAD CD player

Amp: Rogue Atlas Magnum III

Speakers: Klipsch Heresy IV

Sub SVS PB2000 pro

Both the Rogue and Schiit are my top contenders. 

Thank you!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

@blkwrxwgn 

The one piece of Schiit gear I tried was the Loki. It was noisy, made pops through my system when engaging and disengaging the EQ from the loop on my McIntosh integrated.  The Bellari EQ I ended up buying made no such noises.  When I spoke to Schiit, they were totally useless, I was told and I quote “we never heard of that before”.  No offer for a new one, no nothing. 

I owned a Rogue RP5 and have nothing but great things to say about it.  So again, The Schiit is built to a lower price point and you get what you pay for, or in my case…….Schiit. 

I got the RP-1 . I like it.  Got a worthy phono stage. I replaced the stock tubes with Mullards.  

The Freya + is a really nice sounding preamp for the money and can be made a lot better sounding with better tubes.  I am quite impressed with it.  I also have the Benchmark LA4 which is also good a bit more of a cool and open sound.  I would like to see how much better an ARC Ref 6 or something in that league would be.  I also have my eye on the Rogue RP 9

Had freya+.  Not a fan of the sound. Sounded like it was made out of recycled cans.  

I was reading the review of the Topping pre90 on Stereophile ($599 preamp) and I saw that Stereophile will be reviewing the Freya+. I got the impression that the measurements of the Freya+ will be very good.

@ejlif  What tubes would you recommend for the Freya+?