Paypal Restrictions and Withholding Funds

Paypal has been withholding fund that I get paid for selling my used gear on Audiogon. Paypal withholds my funds for weeks and requests tons of information concerning the Audiogon sale before releasing the funds to me. Is there a better online payment service company out there? Is Zelle a good alternative? Please help, I need to stop using Paypal

osadu
Post removed 
Post removed 

I’ve been having the problems with PayPal as osadu. I hate it. Also sold a record cleaning machine on here and unfortunately the cover got broke during shipment and PayPal is refunding buyers whole amount. 

Do your self a favor and just stop using PayPal.  What a rip off.  I stopped selling on eBay years a go because after eBay and PayPal took their cut, nothing was left.  

I’ve only sold one piece of audio equipment, The payer quickly sent the money via PayPal after receiving the component. I then had the same problem as osadu with Paypal not wanting to release the payment. After a series of emails to them and jumping through some hoops, they finally agreed to send the payment to me only if I connected my PayPal account to my bank account for direct deposit plus provided my Social Security number, Both of which I found to be outrageous demands.

After providing that information under protest to obtain the substantial payment I finally received the money. I cancelled my PayPal account the next day as they promised to delete the information provided along with rest of my account information if I did so. So hopefully my bank account and Social Security Number would now not be subject to being hacked. through PayPal like my Ebay account had been a number of years ago.

Mike