Midrange heavy speaker cables, any recommendations?

It's fair to say that most all of my components are of good quality, are properly isolated and have a quite neutral personality. However my newer loudspeakers are a little on the bright side compared to my previous Dynaudios; and rather than swapping out components that have served me well I've changed speaker cables twice in an attempt to restrain the smoothly accurate, but somewhat abundant, top end. Rather than continuing cable experimentation I thought I'd throw the matter out there and get some feedback from my brothers out there the HiFi cosmos.

Any recommendations for reasonably priced (under $500) cables that have a more prominent midrange without compromising transparency and top end performance?

morbius2130aol

Need some help reading?

Electrical parameters are in the realm of measurement, not SQ.

Cardas. They are all a bit warm… The Clear Reflections sound like the ticket… but honestly this is symptomatic relief… if you think it’s a tiny bright… it’s too bright.

How new are your speakers. Brand new?. 300 hours let the bass drivers break in a bit. Add a little deeper quicker response. Where are you at on hours OP?

A Good OCC/teflon weave 16 strand (NO silver clad) will sure help. 125-200.00 usd for a pair. Or buy your own and terminate. I'm listening to a pair right now I paid 150.00 for the pair 3 meters long. I cooked them for 14 days. Perfect with planars and ribbons.. I'm cooking 2 pairs of ribbons, they are silver clad. I cook them for over a month, then 3-500 hours of playing. Best I ever heard for 200.00 a pair.

2. Lamp cord it's a real close second.. :-)

3. Purist

4. Odin

5. ESP, that is pretty warm too. LOL

Cable is not a tone control, ok, sure can be though. I use tone control for a reason. I have a way of getting where I want to be. Sure not with a Line pre amp though. YUK. I've had a few too. Their in the pile somewhere. VTL, CJ, Dodd, Krell. SST I wound up using a Manley tube super EQ. I went back to tone control every time. 

I like to many kinds of music you have to have a way to EQ. Leaves way to much music out. Indian music and a lot of the South American and Caribbean music..

Jazz, Rock and Roll, and Country, there is just a tad more out there. Me singing in the shower, too. :-)