can it bee that audio research vsi 75 has lack of open highs/mid ?

i auditioned twice one on display which offered me in kind of attractive price..
did it with my vinyl records
280 hours of working with kt150 tubes.
we tried it on several speakers .

some of them the sound was more open, but i still felt that it’s not "open" and natural enough.

i know that arc saying that the amp need around 600 hours for break in, but still i would expect something more after almost 300.
we compared it with kr audio va 900 which i think was a bit more open, but i think also a bit more aggressive.

does someone have another experience with this integrated amp?

stone1

thanks.
i am planning an additional listening in the shop, and than make my final decision .

@stone1 

Were you to go ahead with purchasing the Ref 75SE I would highly recommend that you replace the pair of factory supplied new production Sovtek 6h30 Pi EB with genuine pre 1990 production Reflector Corp 6h30 DR 

Genuine DR’s have become increasingly hard to find and there are a number of eBay vendors listing new production Sovtek Pi EB as NOS 6h30 DR

They are a little expensive however you only need a pair and they will most certainly audibly out perform the ARC factory pair.

See below an online guide to recognising genuine pre 1990 Reflector plant production 6h30 DR

I would recommend this upgrade to any member running ARC equipment with the stock ARC tubes.

http://www.aca.gr/index/hiend/hiendArticles?row=1988 

@stone1 

My apologies my post should reference Vs I 75 … The advise remains germane