Upgrading ET-2 tonearm to something better

I have had my ET-2 arms for 25 plus years.

What is there today that is better?     Does Tri-planar, Graham, SME V, Kuzma, Schroeder etc. eat the ET-2 lunch?  Which one?

Thank you

dcaudio

Clearaudio have three tangential arms.  I have not seen them.  Another approach is put a DS Audio (optical transducer) in your arm, as I have done with my ET-2.  Tangential is good for optical transducers because the skating can be well controlled.

There have been updates (available at ET) these last several years that offer improvements if you're in interested in going to another level of performance with your current arm.

I’ve heard the Kuzma 4Point11, SME V & Graham for many years with a variety of cartridges - friends still have them. I’ve had the ET2 for 30 years, along with a few other arms Naim Aro, Dynavector, FR64S.

None of these will "eat the ET2". You are more likely to go backwards.

Give the ET2 a birthday and send it back to Eminent Technology for a full service.

You can get it upgraded to ET2.5 but that will require revisiting air pump requirements.

In terms of soundstage transparency, tracking distortion, and coherency no pivoted arm can match it.