Why People Like Tekton

I saw this You Tube clip yesterday and I really think this guy gave one of the most well-reasoned explanations of why some people gave up their hyper-detailed "audiophile" speakers for Tekton.  I've never heard them myself, but I think the same reasoning applies to many other brands like Harbeth, Spendor, Wharfdale, etc.  I personally feel the way he does, but I think he expressed it better than I would have.  Eventually, at some point in the journey, you may get tired of listening to the singer's saliva and chairs creaking and just want to relax and hear music in a more natural manner.and not with your ear 6" from the singer's mouth.  Or maybe you do.  Anyway - take a watch if you have the time.  And I'm guessing most of you do. 

chayro

To my ears, hyper detail means very bright.  No thank you.  I don't want to hear someone coughing or farting during a concert.

Here is a quote from Thomas & Stereo (the guy in the video) from the youtube page for this video:

"For those people who prefer musical speakers over analytical speakers, these should be consider. Do keep in mind that they are VERY big and you need to space to let it shine."

Yes you have to be careful not to make your system sound analytical as you move up the audio ladder, but not all expensive systems or speakers sound analytical. I don’t think it’s anywhere near accurate to say that you have two types of speakers, Tekton and analytical (I know that's not what he's saying.  I'm exaggerating to make a point.)

I’ve never heard Tektons so I can’t comment on their sound, but it’s nice when a less expensive speaker has the sound that you’re looking for. Tekton has a lot of fans and I say good for them!

@tomic601 Respectfully, I disagree that "hyper detail" is distortion. Low noise floor,  responsive electronics, and light diaphragms help. 

none hyper detailed as that leading edge exaggeration is distortion…

;-) Brian…i don’t think anything in your system falls into the hyper detailed camp…

You might be surprised. Fast attack time of Decca and Quad ESL57s is not cloth eared mellow! 😉