I am enjoying my analog system, but what can I do to improve?

I currently have Technics 1200G turntable with Dynavector 17XD cartridge playing through Kitsune LCR 1 MK5 phono pre and Allnic L7000 preamp. My amps are Pass X350.5 and Benchmark AHB2 driving Sound Lab ESL speakers. My system sounds great, but I am wondering how I can take my system to another level. What do you think?

128x128chungjh

Anytime I need my system to sound better by a factor of 2

I simply move things out to my covered patio, set up

with the speakers facing to the open sides and listen.

The change from a 10' x 10' room to the outdoor experience

might be enough to weaken your bladder.

I live in Arizona where this can be done pretty much year around.

Perhaps you should move here?

Dear @chungjh  : "" What do you think about the tone arm (on 1200G) or Kitsune phono stage? ""

You have " short memory " because I already gave you my advise about in a thread you started. Here it's:

"" 

Small ESLs work fine in a small room, so long as you don't expect deep and thunderous bass notes.  The M545 is medium size, as Sound Lab speakers go. And really, what does the amplifier have to do with it, except where one might say that a very powerful amplifier is not needed?  Yes, it may not be needed, but it is not THE problem.

Dear @chungjh : " I still don’t understand. Wouldn’t decreasing the gain on the Kitsune do the same degradation? "

Certainly you don’t understand the whole issue and why you are connecting the phono stage Kisune to your Allnic L7000 preamp .

Btw, normally and in general sense as lower gain we need to achieve the desired SPL ( volume ) in our system as lower degradation will be developed.

The sound degradation I talked about is generated/developed inside the L7000 preamp due that it’s a a designed preamp coupled through transformers and it’s inside those transformers where the cartridge signal coming from the Kisune " seen " incremented that signal degradation and that’s why I told you that a good " move " could be to change the L7000 for the Pass X22 or X12.

In the other side:  "" is there a way to quantify/measure the room deficiency? "" please let me know how you did it your room treatment . Only through your ears?

R.

As Lewm mentioned, the Quad 57’s are a small electrostatic speaker that might work but it doesn’t provide a lot of low end.
Also, those jokes about electrostatic speakers being for audiophile masochists…. I just had my amp tech over today to clean my output relays and found that my right Quad was arcing and making a popping noises. So back to my speaker tech to replace a panel or two.

Synergistic Research has a new and expensive record mat. Anybody used or heard one of these compared to a Herbies or Funk Firm?