can it bee that audio research vsi 75 has lack of open highs/mid ?

i auditioned twice one on display which offered me in kind of attractive price..
did it with my vinyl records
280 hours of working with kt150 tubes.
we tried it on several speakers .

some of them the sound was more open, but i still felt that it’s not "open" and natural enough.

i know that arc saying that the amp need around 600 hours for break in, but still i would expect something more after almost 300.
we compared it with kr audio va 900 which i think was a bit more open, but i think also a bit more aggressive.

does someone have another experience with this integrated amp?

stone1

first, i still don’t own this arc, just listened to it in a store.
have now :
crick audio integrated.
well tempered tt and arm.
monster alpha 2 cartridge.
speakers and phono stage are in a plan to upgrade.
right now kef speakers and SCHIIT MANI phono.
but i would not pay lot of intention to what i have today, since the only thing that will stay is the turntable.

Oh. I get it. Take it home for a week or two. Shops can be terrible places to evaluate… and it is your system that counts. It is a fantastic amp. If I had any possible excuse for another system, I would buy one.

i wish i could do it.
it’s of course the best way.
unfortunately shops here in my country don’t do those things.
so at the end i have to decide either buy it or let it go.

OP,

That is terrible. What country?

Well from my experience with ARC and lots of audio buddies… open,  natural and detailed is what Audio Research is all about. Unless you are looking for etched clinical, ARC should be it. The VSI75 is perfect. What source are the using… what speakers?

the country is Israel.
usually importers here import from those kind of items just few examples , and sometime only if you order it specially.
have now:
crick audio integrated.
well tempered tt and arm.
monster alpha 2 cartridge.
speakers and phono stage are in a plan to upgrade.
right now kef speakers and SCHIIT MANI phono.
but i would not pay lot of intention to what i have today, since the only thing that will stay is the turntable.
and what i heard in the store was on several speakers and oracle phono stage, TT German turntable( hope i remember the right brand) , don’t know which cartridge.