can it bee that audio research vsi 75 has lack of open highs/mid ?

i auditioned twice one on display which offered me in kind of attractive price..
did it with my vinyl records
280 hours of working with kt150 tubes.
we tried it on several speakers .

some of them the sound was more open, but i still felt that it’s not "open" and natural enough.

i know that arc saying that the amp need around 600 hours for break in, but still i would expect something more after almost 300.
we compared it with kr audio va 900 which i think was a bit more open, but i think also a bit more aggressive.

does someone have another experience with this integrated amp?

stone1

Mine with KT120’s sounds fantastic.  It is paired with Alta Audio I/O speakers.  I have no complaints.

Google "teflon capacitor". They are a type of capacitor that a few high end builders use. They also take a long time to break in. They SOUND weird while they are breaking in. The caps will throw sound in different directions and sound bright, harsh, and in general BAD. 

In a speaker crossover they take even longer 300 hours is not uncommon up to 1000 hours. 

I hook up speakers face to face almost touching. I put blankets over them and play them for 2 weeks in a row, 24 hours a day. I DON'T hook one out of phase. Both in phase at a low volume. I use a Brain 5800 Nelson Pass amp. It's biased on the cool side and made to run 24 hours a day. It had teflon cap installed 15 years ago.

I seldom break in speakers NOW. Up until 5 years ago that 5800 was seldom turned off breaking in speakers over a 25 year period. I bought it as a demo. It has over 150,000 hours on the actual chassis. 

BTW Teflons seldom wear out, EVER. Few caps other than an "orange drop" type cap (ferrous iron) can say that.

Condon Johnson uses the heck out of teflons, so do I for the last 20 years. TNT in particular and good old Russian surplus.. They are not cheap either, even surplus.

Regards

thanks.
i asked a friend of mine that is a very experienced technician in audio including tubes.
he said that teflon capacitors are the most reliable and quality caps, and it's isolated very good from heat and resonance.
i just wonder if it's the reason for relatively long time to break in.  

audio research vsi 75 has lack of open highs/mid ?

is certainly not how I would describe it