Interconnects--power cords?

My system (Conrad Johnson and Vandersteen Quatros) --I have been running Audioquest Niagras--Purist power cables for amp and pre, Audio
Quest Comets bi wired to speakers--Audience Au 24 for CD player---recently added Audioquest Sky--find it fits best between pre and power--but something seems a bit too "airy"--an improvement on the Niagras, but while more clear, also lacking in punch and or--seems as if I cannot achieve clarity and force (?) in my sound. Soundstage is a bit too relaxed. I don't know. Suggestions? Have moved power cords around--the Audience seems to work best with the CD player--since this is all incredibly subjective---just looking for feedback that might lead me down a different and better path.
bluesnbike1954
08-07-13: Audiolabyrinth
Mixing and tring to match never works, with cables!
Sure it does, Keith. Most people would say it works best with different cables . It is just sometimes difficult to find the best match . It usually works better than having cables of the same loom or same line .
IMO
@ Grey9hound, I am glad that may work for you, It does not work in my exsperience, never has, I have never had issues with sound with a loom, cheers.
@Audiolabyrinth
Remember my thread http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1361730421&&&/Interconnect-with-great-dynamics-and-bass
I had Cardas Golden Cross IC from cd player to source and from source to amp with Golden Cross Speaker Cables.
The sound was off. Too smooth sounding . Not at all Dynamic. That is why that thread was started.:)
Bluesnbike1954 -

The Quatro speakers are a sonic match for AudioQuest speaker cables. Audience AU24 /AU24e are a sonic match for CJ gear.

You will have to experiment to find that 'magic' w/in your specific system. BTW, which components (pre, power, cd player)
are you using?

Keep me posted.
I am finding that the Niagras simply sound more soulful--warmer--yes, I sacrifice some detail---but the overall sound is far more pleasing when spread across the entire spectrum of music l listen to---May try the the Audioquest Skys with the video--or possibly the connect with the Turntable---and CJ Pre-turntable is older Oracle Oracle--thanks ---