Synergistic Orange and purple fuses popping

Synergistic Orange and purple fuses popping

I recently upgraded all my gear with the new Synergistic orange and purple fuses (15 in all) What a difference! My Cary SLP-05 preamp with 8 Vintage Tungsten  6SN7 tubes is having problems with the Orange and Purple Synergistic fuses in the power supply. For some reason when I turn on the preamp amp after warming up the powersupply unit, the 2 power supply fuses pop. So far Synergistic has been gracious and replaced them twice now. I increased  the 2 large slow blow fuses from 1amp to 2amps after asking Cary audio what I should try. I also spoke with Synergistic and they agreed their fuses are sensitive but all the stock fuses I ever used have worked flawlessly. Any body out there with any similar problems and maybe a solution? Any upgraded hi-fi fuses that may be less prone to popping? I think it may be due to a current rush (tube related) when I go from off to on. Help!

Thanks

gregtheis

Well then enjoy the fire and hope snake oil is a good extinguishing agent.

Well then enjoy the fire and hope snake oil is a good extinguishing agent.

Remember snake oil often had alcohol or cocaine as the main ingredient. Pretty sure that crap worked.

Very early on one of the first generations of SR fuses popped for me. At that time, it I was recommended to go a value higher than the originals. This was due I think to there Million-volt treatment. I think it weakens them a bit.

Anyway, going forward I always have gone slightly higher in value even today with the new purple versions.

Also, I would go for the slow blow at least for your power supply.

ozzy