Phono cables

I'm interested in trying some different phono cables but not sure what. I made a big change to my system recently and am now getting phono hum with many cables I have here except for Aural Thrills. Same turntable/ cartridge, but now hooked into a Luxman 590 axII integrated with built in phono stage. I had all separates before including a phono amp. I've tried several different Discovery cables, Cardas Golden Reference, a VPI phono cable, and some inexpensive Monster Cables. All produced hum. I might add, the hum came on only when the needle was placed on the record. Does anyone know what the Aural Thrills has or doesn't have in its makeup that cancels the hum? Any other product that is made similarly? It's not that I am unhappy with the sound from Aural Thrills, I just want to try some others for comparison. I don't want to just randomly buy cables and end up with hum again. I did already try several hum remedies that most are familiar with, i.e. cheater plugs, separate grounding wires to everything, moving components and wires around.

markpao

For that particular turntable I would look at Hijiri cables - take a read of 

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/hijiri-users-thread-2

I believe the name of the distributor is on there.

Or - if they're too pricey for you take a look at Zavfino products - like THE FUSION - SOLID PURE SILVER & OCC COPPER 

https://zavfinousa.com/collections/audio-interconnects/products/the-fusion-solid-pure-silver-occ-copper-hybrid-rca

Hope that helps - Steve

Does the hum change in intensity as the stylus traverses the LP surface? Is it loudest on the inner grooves?

For phono cables, I suggest the high level AntiCables, made in Minnesota. You can custom order them any way you want. Superb sound.

I replaced a grounding wire I ran from the bottom of the spindle under the TT to the grounding lug on the tone arm junction box (probably some 12 years old- the copper strands were badly oxidized) and I cleaned all the connections at the junction box. Also, I noticed the left rca connector on the junction box was loose, so so I tightened that up as well. No more hum with any of my IC's. Thanks for all your recommendations. Looking forward to trying some different cables now.