The hunt is over

I feel that way. Who else reached the endgame? Feels terrific. 

128x128zavato

Any vinylista can never be done as styluses wear out and you have to decide whether or not to have it serviced or replaced. Once you start with that you start thinking about other things. Wish I could only think about the music, but it is impossible.

I guess if you owned lots of cartridges you really like which would in total wear out long after you're gone, you could be done, but then you'd have to decide which one to use next....at least you wouldn't be buying anything.

It's an interesting question. Ends have to do with the length of the journey. I felt at a certain point I had found something special, but trying new things with help of a dealer allowed me to hone a sound that worked across a huge variety of recordings. It then helps me focus on listening to more new music, which is why I'm here. I see such a variety of equipment people own, I actually came to all the amplification, preamp, dac coming from one company. Is that unusual? It feels right that a company would voice their pieces together. Also magnepans and my room are a big part, if I moved or had a different space, or somehow a TV involved I think would start over again. 

sns :

Excepting for a new room in 2018, my system is essentially unchanged since 1985, and my system approach is unchanged since 1968.

See the about page.

theaudioatticvinylsundays.com