Puritan Audio Labs GroundMaster CITY & RouteMaster grounding system

My review on the Puritan Audio Labs GroundMaster CITY and RouteMaster grounding system has just gone up on the Stereo Times website. For all the details how this complete system for less then a $1000 can dramatically improve your system, take a look at the review. This grounding system is one of the greatest bargains in HiFi. Nordost makes a star grounding device that is no better in its influence on a system, quite good indeed, but charges over $5000, compared to the Puritan Audio Labs system's reasonable pricing.

Terry London/Teajay

amorstereo

Iv owned all the Entreq, Now i own the Puritan Labs, No contest the Puritan to my ears is a better sounding unit, I also have the ground master.

phantom,

Did you pound a new ground rod in the yard? I am told that is where the Puritan unit really shines.

And which Entreq model did you compare it to?

ozzy

I had the Silver Tellus and Posidon.

I connected the Ground Master to the a Rod which goes down 20 meters into the ground. I had someone come in to drill very deep.  Here in Indonesia we use Ground Water which is filtered so another part of the garden was used just for grounding rods.

Puritan just worked allot more better for me in my room.

i think 1 meter is too short, you should prob be doing atleast 2-3 meters deep but this is a guess.

I am told by another electrical engineer the deeper the better but Puritan claims 1 meter should work fine. Iv never tried 1 meter but if it works fine it can save the hassle and cost of using longer copper Rods and the cost/expense of drilling.

I guess my concern with a separate ground rod is the potential for 2 different ground systems during a lightning strike.

ozzy