AT33PTG/II. Love It. When Stylus Worn ____?

AT33PTG/II. Love It. When Stylus Worn ____?

Just get a new AT33PTG/II, $550. or consider ____?

What have other AT33PTG/II owners done?

likely getting worn after 1-1/2 years (nothing audible, but at least 500 hours).

Mostly LP’s during the past 1-1/2 years, now using CD more since getting Sony xa5400ES. After a while it will be back to mostly LPs.

order of use: LP; CD; Some SACD; FM WBGO Jazz

My system has wonderful imaging (when the content is wonderfull).

LP: I prefer wide separation and tight channel balance primarily, next I want light tracking force.

My 1st MC, chose AT33PTG/II, love it, use it even though it tracks a bit heavier 2.0g than my former favorite Shure MM V15VxMR 1.25g (new Jico Shibata/Boron). The very tight 0.5 db channel balance of the AT makes the slight difference I suspect.

Some content, imaging too wide, I use my Shure (ready to go on rear tonearm). I also use the Shure (replacable stylus) for ’not too special aurally’ or ’farewell listen, gonna sell’ LPs to minimize wear of non-replacable MC stylus. And, if image too wide, my speakers are on wheels, I adjust toe-in readily.

ps, totally happy with my SUT and Phono EQ (Fidelity Research FRT-4 to McIntosh mx110z tube preamp MM).

elliottbnewcombjr

got this response, gonna send it in Monday

Hello Elliot,

You can return it for inspection, cleaning, and testing. The cost is $40.00 plus shipping. If it is worn and needs replaced, we do offer a trade in program for moving coil cartridges. You can trade in your cartridge for a new cartridge at a discounted replacement cost. Your cartridge will be destroyed. Here is the replacement cost for a new AT33PTG/2. The cost doesn’t include the return Fed Ex shipping.

AT33PTG/2                $262.43

You will find our ATUS Service Policy, complete repair return instructions and a downloadable form to be enclosed with the repair return at: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/support/repair-service/ .  Please provide detailed information on the problem.  We do not require a return authorization number for repair returns.  We require dated proof of purchase with the repair returns to validate all warranty claims.  Please also provide a United States, United Parcel Service (UPS) deliverable address to return the product to once repaired.

Sincerely,

Jim

Logo

Jim Schotts
Service Manager