Can a digital cable have different connectors?

I purchased a Chord MScalar to use with my current and future DACs. Unfortunately, the MScalar only has optical and BNC outputs. While this is fine because my current DAC has a BNC input, many other DACs I’m interested in does not.  Seems like SPDIF cables can have different terminations like RCA or BNC.

Can a digital cable work with one end terminated with BNC and the other end another type of connector?

kennyc

Thanks to all. It was very confusing.
I wasn’t sure if I’d have to shelf my MScalar if my upgraded DAC didn’t have BNC inputs.

I’ll probably move forward with purchasing WAVE STREAM BNC cable.  I’ll ask them if they will terminate to RCA on one side which seems sonically better than an an added layer of an a BNC to RCA adapter.  Although I have a soldering iron, not sure if I have the skills to re-terminate the WAVE STREAM BNC to RCA myself using a high quality RCA connector like from WBT - seems doable.

op

don't over think this

i use bnc/rca adapters on my tt2 hugo and m scaler setup they work perfectly fine

Post removed 

The connector quality can make a big difference in my AQ Diamond they use very expensive telegartner ethernet connectors $30 each vs what most use $5

super precision and with the super high purity Silver a excellent interconnect 

it does take around 300 hours to fully settle in similar to their Diamond usb I am pretty happy with  there is always better ,but how much do you want to spend ?

hdmi used as I2S is probably the best I use that with upsampler .using Wireworld best $400 a meter is reasonable.