Off the Grid Listening-HELP!

In the next year, I am going to have to move my dedicated listening room to being off-the-grid. I would love to hear from anybody with experience in this area.I am just in the beginnings of doing research, but if anyone can accelerate this process I would appreciate it. I would need to power my turntable, a phono pre, tube pre amp, tube mono blocks and a couple of class D sub amps. I know that I need a pure sine wave inverter (how big, what brand?) and a couple of deep cycle batteries. Is there any easy way to calculate the size of the inverter and batteries needed? 12 or 24 volt system? Would something like a PS Audio regenerator be helpful too? This would only best used about 8 hours per week in four hour sessions. Thank you!

mterle

jbs, wouild you please clarify what you meant by, "I'd opt for the low power route and make that tradeoff but that's just me. Big loads are expensive and get complicated to build in that capacity unless money and space don't matter."

Thanks in advance. Also, any reason not to go with lead acid batteries here since weight and space aren't issues?

You have a great idea going. You have isolated the listening room entirely, and have been very good at planning this whole idea. Having had some experience with batteries and converters, I would say that as long as you have what you need in battery power to begin with, the only other concern would be a decent sine wave converter. Most of what I have heard is that these devices usually provide an inferior (spikey) sine wave compared to commercial power. It might be a thought (and yes, more power needed) to run a PS Audio regenerator to make right that which will be imperfect from your AC power source. 

4krowme, I have read that most don't provide as pure a sine wave as commercial power does. I wish there were more data on the distortion of the sine waves! 

As I mentioned in my original post and you said a PS audio Power Plant may be needed. Not cheap though!

“jbs, wouild you please clarify what you meant by, "I'd opt for the low power route and make that tradeoff but that's just me. Big loads are expensive and get complicated to build in that capacity unless money and space don't matter."

Thanks in advance. Also, any reason not to go with lead acid batteries here since weight and space aren't issues?”

sorry for not explaining. I was just noting my personal preference to utilize low power gear as the system design is simpler. Fewer batteries, smaller inverters, less wiring, much easier to power and charge batteries. But that is me. 

lead acid are what I have but they are specialized for off grid (ie. not the regular RV or deep cycle auto batteries which are the most cost effective) use. AGM Matt so they do not require water and have minimal gassing off. If you get old school lead acid batteries be sure you are good with adding water and inquire about gassing off. You don’t want the batteries in same airspace you would stay in for long periods of time. Ventilation can address this. 

I have never measured the cleanliness of what my inverter puts out. Audio System is dead quiet so that works for me and no fired electronics to date. Brand is Schneider but many good brands depending on exact sizing and needs. I can run a 220v generator into the system to charge the batteries if needed. If you want that type of flexibility gotta inquire on the exact gear early. Solar can run everything for me but have an easy line of sight to the sun and do not need tons of power either. 3000w or 9 panels runs a small house including well water. 

if you do get power working there LED lighting is super easy and very low power to add. 

jbs, I am with you on AGM batteries. I don't want to deal with adding water or the off-gassing with old-school lead acid batteries. This system isn't going to be tasked with running anything other than an audio system.