Why spend more than $25 per piece of equipment on vibration reduction?

Do products more expensive than Vibrapods ($24 per set of four) provide superior isolation? I've been pretty happy with the pods, but I wonder whether spending somewhat more, e.g., on Iso-pucks, would bring notably superior results. Or is more a matter of visual, as opposed to audible, aesthetics? 

audio-satisficer

I had some hemisphere shaped black rubber. Not sure if they wre brand name. They were on my subs for some time. When I heard about the springs, i replaced the rubber ones. Immediately, the bass was detailed, deeper, enveloping. I believe the rubber is for absorptiondamping, springs are isolating. I have a concrete floor. Also, the music used to be much boomier upstairs.

The only device that needs isolation is the turntable. The best come so equipped like SME, Sota, Dohmann, Avid and others. Everything else could care less. It is just audiophile mythology. 

mijostyn

5,652 posts

The only device that needs isolation is the turntable. The best come so equipped like SME, Sota, Dohmann, Avid and others. Everything else could care less. It is just audiophile mythology. 

Ladies and Gentlemen...we have a WINNER!

I have to agree with stuartk - there are multiple types of products that all make some sort of impact. That impact will vary based on the equipment, the foundation the equipment sits on, and your ears. Like stuartk, I have tried multiple products and also have a favorite, but the journey was worth it. What I use now provides a positive, noticeable difference in my soundstage and dynamics. YMMV so have fun trying options out!