Power Cable Suggestions - Budget

I've read many times about the difference a power cable upgrade can make. I looked at some of the power cables that came with my amp, preamp, CDP, etc. and they do seem very cheap so thinking about buying some cables. I have Bryston pre and amp. Was thinking of maybe the 14 gauge Pangea or similar then I realized I am plugging into a power strip whose cable is likely junk and will need an upgrade here too (maybe 6 outlets). So in summary, I need a couple cables and a power strip that might result in the improvement that some of you claim. Thinking of keeping it in the 3-400 dollar range for all.

128x128peterhodo57

My experience with the W Audio power cords was that I got two.  I put one on my Pathos amplifier and the other on my DAC.  I fired things up and was impressed with the sound.  Then I realized that I was using my SACD player as the source, so the difference could only be attributed to the power cord on the amplifier.  I needed a longer one for the amplifier so when it arrived I moved the shorter one to the SACD player and if anything the result was negative.  I replaced the stock cord and moved the short W Audio cord to my power conditioner that feeds all of the equipment and the change was either neutral or minimal.  I don't really have any other power cord needs, so just left it there.  I've never listened to the system with a W Audio cord on the DAC, so can't really say what change it had on that component.  My DAC sounds better than my SACD player, so it's hard to make any useful comparisons.  In the end, I can say that the power cord benefited my system when used for my amplifier.

Adhering to the question posed, I would try  running your amp directly into an outlet. 

I am using Pangea AC14se with my pre and source equipment. Likely not the best one could do but makes an improvement over stock.  Any chance of isolating the digital equipment from the  amp and pre?

TheCableCompany- They have the Voodoo Cable Black Magic 6 foot for $295.00. 6 foot gives you more capacitance to quickly replentish the amplifiers large power supplies and capsitors. Call Steven and discuss some options but the Black Magic is a Massive 8 awg with very high quality build.

@mesch , The pre is a Bryston SP1.7 (processor). I have only one wall outlet with one socket available. I need a power strip of some sort before I start with PC's.

This is the power strip I use in my Naim system. Sequentially wired, no lights or fuses, non current limiting, no on/off switches. All of the outlets share one ground eliminating any ground loops and noise. Deep-Cryo treated too.