Paid for UPS shipping and the package was immediately sent to the US Post Office.

I shipped something internationally from the UPS Store and I was offered to choose to ship via UPS or the Post Office. UPS was about double the price, but I chose UPS for reliability and good past experience over the years vs. USPS.

The tracking says that the shipment was immediately transferred to the Post Office with a new USPS tracking #.

I paid double. I was never told this could happen. I would have just used the post office.

rgs92
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 

This should only happen when you choose UPS or Fedex lowest cost and quality shipping option. I believe this only happens with international shipping, only recall this happening with cheap items sent from ebay international sellers.

Actually, its not advantageous to use postal services for international shipping, just the opposite. Fedex, UPS and DHL act as brokers for these shipments, speeds up customs process. I've had terrible experiences with postal services, packages nearly always in customs for at least a few days, sometimes for weeks, even months. I never ship international with USPS, and always try to upgrade service on shipments to me.