Avantgarde Speakers

I would like to hear fellow member's comments on Avantgarde speakers. It sounds like they have a very accurate sound plus great dynamic range. Unfortunately, the Avantgarde home page does not have much information on the speaker's frequency response. The over all ranges are given, but, no measure of flatness is listed. Also, it looks like they are priced on the high side which may be partly due to the company trying to recuperate R&D costs. Any comments would be appreciated. ThanksX10**6!
7p62mm
I have listened to the Avantgarde Trios. In short, I think that their sound is colored. However, I can easily understand how one would be impressed by the sound they reproduced if it is their only experience with sphaerical horn (the same is true for the entire Avantgarde line). For anyone who is seriously considering a speaker like the Avantgarde Trios, I would advice them to take a look at another German Manaufacturer called Acapella Audio Arts. The Avantgardes are nothing but a badly done copy of an idea pioneered be Acapella. I don't think that there is a U.S distributor for the Acapellas yet; however, the In my opinion the Acapellas are some of the best speakers money can buy. In my opinion, anyone who raves about the Avantgardss has never listend to Acapella.
More info can be found at www.acapella.de. I would also be happy to answer any questions someone might have regarding this topic. Happy Listening!

@pielfl2 it interesting that you have bring up Acapella. I love horn speakers, I have 7 different horn speakers in my audio storage room, 2 are made in the late 70s and early 80s for my dad, 1 Klipsch Scala that I bought about 2-3 years ago, a pair of Poseydon, and 3 pairs of Avangrade and another being delivered to my house in they USA next week.

I am seriously lucky to be able to buy any piece of audio I like the sound of it. This is to say I do not have any alliance with the exception of darTZeel and Audio Note because to my ears there aren’t other amplifier that I have heard that sound better.

So when I hear you to say that Avantgrade are a bad copy, I wander what you had connected to the Trios that lead you to make such big comments, because I have the TriosXD with 231 and are nothing short of magical.
Yes the Poseydon are magical too, in their own way, but to say that the Avantgrade are a bad copy makes me wander if you didn’t have either a broken set of Trios, a horrible amplifier or any other component not working correctly, because I have a working Walkman from the 80s and I can connect it to the Trio or Poseydon and sound very nicely.

In my opinion there are 2-3 ways to go when you buy audio equipment;

1. you have a budget and try to get the best you can for that budget, which in this case the Avantgrade, again for my ears, are hard to beat.
  2. money is no object, in which case the Acapella have an edge, but I would include Avantgrade in the things I would like to listen.
  3. a combination of 1 and 2. Which in this case again I think the Avantgrade give me more of what my ears like.

As for coloring, I believe that all speakers in a way or another have some unique sound signature, at least a signature I can hear.

Where do you live? If live in Europe near Spain, If you want we could meet for a coffee first before I can offer you to come to my home and blindly listen the Poseidon and Trio, the Wilson or Sonus and you can grade each session and see what the results are.

I apologize for any bad grammar and spelling, English is a language I learned for work.

@garyalex thank you for the heads up! I read it all without checking the dates. It came on my most relevant..