Bonham’s Squeaky Drum Pedal

On the song Since I’ve Been Loving You, Bonzo’s pedal squeaks. How pronounced is it on your system? How loud do you have to play the song before you notice it?

128x128baclagg

I am sidelined from doing a morning bike ride due to rain.

Time to waste with morning coffee, comparing 2 period press.

deadwax -TH Terre Haute/PR Presswell

The Terre Haute copy is a wee bit more noticeable. 

As a guitar wanker, I hear Page's off target fretting now and then. Without those and other little human flubs, it ain't R&R!

The mistakes I can hear make the music so much more human and like live music to me.I've never noticed the drum pedal squeak. I'm sure it's there but misidentified by me.I'll listen for it now and take note,thanks!

Bonham’s squeaky pedal has been talked about by drummers since the early-70’s. That Ludwig Speed King pedal is referred to as the Squeak King amongst players ;-) . In the mid-to-late-70’s many drummers switched to the Camco pedal, now known as the DW.

Amazing!  I've played this song only a few times but never noticed it before until now.  It sounds like a little mouse in the far right side of the sound stage on my rig.  Very apparent now that I have heard it.  I would have never guessed it was the drum pedal.