Power Cable Suggestions - Budget

I've read many times about the difference a power cable upgrade can make. I looked at some of the power cables that came with my amp, preamp, CDP, etc. and they do seem very cheap so thinking about buying some cables. I have Bryston pre and amp. Was thinking of maybe the 14 gauge Pangea or similar then I realized I am plugging into a power strip whose cable is likely junk and will need an upgrade here too (maybe 6 outlets). So in summary, I need a couple cables and a power strip that might result in the improvement that some of you claim. Thinking of keeping it in the 3-400 dollar range for all.

128x128peterhodo57

Cerious Technologies GE are a great upgrade from many of the manufacturer included cords...some include good cords, some do not

Something to think about, Bryston gear has really good power supplies. A good AC maintainer with surge protection is just about all they need. The right size cables. #10 for power amps. # 14-16 for preamps and source gear. Good OCC or if you're patient OCC with mill spec silver clad and PTFE will sound quite good in 300 hours or so. 50-75.00 usd each.. No Names just what you need to make it work VERY well. I use red copper terminal ends in my power gear, and silver over red copper in preamp and source gear.

I use modified TripLite 2400s. I've ran tapes, they never vary, 120vac on the button. 60db to 120db. 120vac!

A triplite 2400 and 2 power cables 375-425.00 Oh you have to buy a tube of silicone for the Triplite, that's 6.00 usd. (Noise issue) I have a 90% fix.

Even if you run gear with a lesser PS than your Bryston, a Triplite or any surge protection with a maintainer is a great place to start and finish to tell the truth. Protect your gear first. The sound will always be there. The noise and burnt up gear won't. :-)

Regards