Krell Vanguard Integrated

I hear amazing things about the newer Krell K300i. Used it is a bit more than I want to spend. Has anyone done a firsthand comparison with the previous integrated the Vanguard? It seems very similar on paper. With either one I would not care about the dac module. 

thanks

mofojo

the k300i is far better sounding the k300iuses the newer ibias  technology

which creates a much warmer midrange and sense of flow

Dave and Troy

Audio intellect NJ

Krell dealers

This has nothing to do with the OP's question. However, let me add that the KRELL Duo 175XD is amazing. I have the KRELL K-300i downstairs and I think it is great for an integrated. However, my new KRELL 175XD (100 hours) | Musetec 005 DAC | CODA 07x preamp is significantly better than the K-300i. This set also cost a lot more than the K-300i.

I have not tried the Musetec 005 DAC on the K-300i. It would likely close the gap with my separates.

The KRELL gear is a little too big and looks rather ugly (cannot have everything), though the sound is fantastic. The iBias is a big winner for me.

Thanks I believe the Ibias existed on the Vanguard as well. Probably not as dialed in as now I’m guessing and they called it something slightly different but basically floating classA. I’m sure the new one is better.  

I just bought a Musical Fidelity A 1008 for a can’t lose price. Great reviews and I love that few year old stuff cause you can just get killer deals. We shall see. I was about to pull the trigger on an M8xi for 3800 including shipping. Just a shout out so check out Audio Mart .