Looking to give Linkwitz LX521s a good home

I have been storing my late father's kit-built Linkwitz LX521 Reference speakers and LX521 ASP for a while now, but unfortunately, I just don't have a spot for them in my system. Rather than have them collect dust, I want them to find a new home with someone who can appreciate them, as my dad did.

I considered listing them for sale, but that's fairly daunting, and I'm honestly just concerned with finding someone who really wants them. So if that's you, and you're willing to cover shipping and promise to put them to use, please let me know.

If you're in the area, they're currently stored near Bay St. Louis, MS and my sister would be available on Monday to help you get them. After that, they'll be near Montgomery, AL and we can arrange for local pickup or having them packaged and delivered.

dguillory

Are you sure?  I looks like your dad did an awesome job on them.   They do take a LOT of amps to work but they sound soooo good when they're working.  Sure you're not going Seattle way you know to get some sunshine :)

They really are tremendous… he drove them with an Audio Research Reference 5 and 4 Odyssey Khartagos, and the system sounded absolutely amazing. But yes, we're sure. My siblings and I have been fortunate enough to accumulate a lot of his hand built speaker projects over the years, and we just want to make sure this last pair goes somewhere it'll be appreciated.

Wow! Super generous of you. Love Linkwitz’s work. I was fortunate enough to speak with him a number of times at diy events we had in Davis, CA. Even designed and built a pair of speakers out of some seas drivers he donated to one of the events. Super nice guy. I’m glad there is a gentleman in Europe continuing to support his work.

I hope you find a wonderful home for these speaker because they are real gems. If I was closer, I’d be over in a heartbeat. Again, it is very kind of you to find them a home. The work your father did on them looks great.