what differentiates in 2/12 way and 3 way speaker ?

I have heard 21/2 way speakers that's sounding better than a 3 way speakers.  How the crossover is working differently ?  Is it easier for an integrated amp to power a 21/2 way ?  Is the sound is more linear than a 3 way speaker ?  How an integrated amp can get 1000 of Damping Factor ?  Is a greater Damping Facor is giving a better sound to a 92 dB speaker ?

audiosens

kr4, my speaker have one tweeter, one mid and 2 bass identical, Ar my speaker the 31/2 way or 21/2 way ?

kr4, my speaker have one tweeter, one mid and 2 bass identical, Ar my speaker the 31/2 way or 21/2 way ?

Depends on the crossover network.  What speaker is this?

"The Motion 60XTi measures 48”H x 11.4”W x 14.4”D, weighs 66 pounds, and, along with its FMT XT tweeter, has one 6.5” midrange and two 8” woofers in a three-way configuration. The tweeter hands off to the midrange at 2.2kHz, while the midrange and woofers transition at 400Hz. "

kr4, from audio advisor, it is a 21/2 way ?  

Low-Mounted Woofers Minimize Floor Bounce

Floorstanding Motion models utilize 2.5-way designs that feature woofers positioned low in the cabinet and close to the floor. This deliberate design addresses a phenomenon known as floor bounce where sound reflected off the floor (from drivers positioned high on a cabinet) and sound aimed directly at the listener interfere with each other. Without addressing these issues, listeners would experience bloated bass and massive increases and decreases in sound levels throughout critical midrange frequencies.