Buy Back Old or Move On?

I am putting together my retirement system; it has to outlast me (20 years) or at least my hearing. I have an opportunity to purchase back my old Coda CSiB amp which is coming up 10 years old now and recapped in 2019.

I'll be into it for about $3,000 or so by the time it arrives on my door. It will drive KEF R11s, have decent out-board DAC and some form of a steamer for digital music listening only.

Do I go back to it or move forward, any thoughts? If forward, what would you suggest?

Thanks

high-amp

Primaluna tube amp.

Will outlast you and you'll love the tube glow at night.

Maybe factor in a couple of tube sets over 20 years.

gosta - I’m sure many here may disagree with you, but I don’t think I’m going the tube route, thanks

As alternative, this seems to be getting rave reviews and it would be cheaper than the Coda and brand new to boot. Although, I’m not sure if I’d get 20 years out of it?

https://www.kinki-studio.com/ex-m1 - $2,614 shipped to my door.

I’e also been hearing from others here that Hegels are great as well. An H390 is an integrated amp that has a DAC & streamer inclusive. I have seen open boxes for around $4,500.

Keep it simple. Purchase the Coda. If it’s aged badly, dump it for a small loss and move forward. Or purchase a tube pre with the Coda to run the preamp side of the Coda integrated to see if it’s all it’s billed to be. 

Why not have a look at the new NAD all-in-one amps (incl Dirac) like the M33.

There are other manufucturers too.

The future!