What are you tweaking this weekend?

For me I'm installing new commercial grade outlets and making a new pair of XLR cables.

erik_squires

Thanks for the cues....

Mahgister, 

The visual idea is to remove or work around the interference in front of your listening chair. Provide materials that have low shear velocity but are smooth not rough. Move air to you from behind the scenes..That's all for now, run with it and see what you can hear.

Tom

Thanks i already tested some tubular smooth cylinders around my listening position...

Open at the 2 ends...

It is modifying the laminar flow of air around my listening position.... The image is better and the listener envelopment is better...

I will make them better if i could add a direction for the flow with some funnel inside each tube at each side of my listening position, and in the opposite direction for each pair of tubes...To help EACH one ear for the first wavefront coming from each speaker... Has principle...

cost: peanuts...

Mahgister,

The visual idea is to remove or work around the interference in front of your listening chair. Provide materials that have low shear velocity but are smooth not rough. Move air to you from behind the scenes..That’s all for now, run with it and see what you can hear.

Tom

Better yet is to try many small tubes inside a larger tube,all are open ended. The total diameter of all the tubes must be sealed as if they are one. 

Tom

You can make them all work in 1 general direction. But won't tell you for now. Tom

The results are very good...

Acoustic is indeed the sleeping princess.....

I already figure it out for the multiples tubes and already juste made it...😉 it work...

I already used Helmholtz difusers with pyramid of closed tubes but you suggest to me something new: using them near my listening position... Modifying the waves flow there is crux....My soundstage is better than ever and the listener envelopment too.... Few minutes of work.... Thanks for the suggestion...but open tubes with a funels inside will work too... i will experiment...

I used a wood screen with diffusers and absorbing materials ans reflecting one in some ratio...The screen is  inclined in a certain angle behind my chair and this concentrate the soundwaves.... It is like listening headphones but the sound is in the room but at the same time near me.... I will never use an headphone now for the rest of my life....

Thanks...