Is an audio media transport really better than PC?

Hello guys,

I'm having some doubts about purchasing an audio grade media transport or music streamer.
Wouldn't say I'm a sole PC Hi-FI dude, by recently I've been seeing a lot of reviews and articles talking about using a audio streamer to play music can certainly outperform PC playing, like the sound quality and stuff.
I normally use Roon to play music by my PC, which is not bad, but of course not heavenly I'd say haha... anyways, so recently I did some researches about some audio streamer/media transport with fair prices, there's one called Munich M1T, the price is worth a shot, and it's Roon Ready certified, but I'm just still hesitating that if I should buy it.

Can anyone share some insights with me? I'll be grateful big timeee~

preston8452

You may want to look at a server instead snd retire thd pc 

Wr import a superior dounding Roon c ore and endpoint 

This is a ompletely modular and upgradable device 

The starter server costs 3500 and can be upgraded all the way to our 16k flagship Master

This device is afull Roon Core you just connect a udb cable out to your dac

Theserver has been designed from the ground  upto offer superior sound

Dave and troy

AUDIO INTELLECT NJ

us importer 432EVO music servers 

Audio streamers can sound better than PCs. At some level they become better, without question. If inexpensive it can be iffy as to which will sound better. Also it depends on your associated equipment. If it is low quality budget stuff, differences can be masked.

i have streamed with IPads, MacBooks, PCs and many other devices. For high quality sound a dedicated streamer will best a PC. I tried denying it from a logical point of view for years. Then I bought one, a Auralic Aries G2… that permanently ended that argument. Aurender is my preferred brand, although I have owned and heard many others. My main systems under my UserID. My digital streamed end now sounds as satisfying as my analog rig… one not better than the other.

Like ghdprentice stated, at some level the audio streamers do become better than PCs. You have to figure out your point of diminishing returns.  You can actually get a very excellent result from a PC by using a Pink Faun or JCAT PCI card coupled with a really good external linear power supply (think Farad Super3 or Keces P3).  This puts you at about $900-1200 investment before looking at a dedicated audio streamer.

$100 worth of RasPi will probably outperform that multi purpose PC.

It did my Vostro, WITH Fidelizer.

But you do whatever you have to do.

If you don’t compare you won’t know any better.

$100 worth of RasPi will probably outperform that multi purpose PC.

I'm not entirely convinced of this.  It really depends on what kind of power supply the RasPi will use.  Also, the USB/SPDIF digital output circuit on these Pink Faun / JCAT cards are much more comprehensive than the USB connection on a RasPi.  That is not to say the RasPi can't be excellent.  If you use a really good linear power supply on the RasPi, you will likely get a very excellent result.