rega P8 Ania pro setup questions

I just got a P8 and Ania pro.  Very vague instructions from. Rega.  comes with 2 belts and the motor spindle has a place to put 2 belts on so I assume you use both belts but they only say belt and not belts and it looks like 2 in the picture but not sure.  I'm assuming you use both? 

Setting the VTF for the cart.  I set the counterweight as suggested in the manual and even double checked the tracking force with a digital scale.  It mistracks badly at 2.0 grams and seems to track Ok but even heard a mis track there too.  Any ideas?  The instruction manual hardly has any info and the website not to much either.  

128x128ejlif
I looked closely and one of the head shell wires was actually touching the record which is what was causing the mis tracking.  I bent it up out of the way and set the tracking force back to 2.0 and seems to be tracking OK now. 

Glad you found the problem. How are you liking the Planar 8 and Ania Pro so far?

-- Howard

Howard, 

I have to say I was quite unimpressed by the Planar 8 compared to my VPI classic 3 with Ortofon Cadenza Black.  I played for a while in my main system then put in in my office system.  Still unimpressed in the office and with the short captive tonearm leads I couldn't put it where I wanted to I put it back in my main system again just for fun, thinking I would sell it.  Wow it really must have broken in or something because now it sounds really good.  I'm quite impressed what you get with a very simple set it and forget it package.  Very easy to use and sounds really good.  This is a no brainer for someone who doesn't want to mess around with all the fiddly stuff in analog.  So quick and easy to flip a record.  The VPI is a big to do, have to remove the clamp take off the periphery ring, prob take 5X longer to get a record playing vs the P8.  Also P8 is very small and light and easy to live with compared.  I don't think the P8 is the end all be all but it gets you way into the sound that is what's good about vinyl.

Thanks for this, ejlif. I've long been thinking the Planar 8 with the Anna Pro could be my next -- and final? -- turntable. Set it and forget it is exactly what I want. I like to play records and enjoy the music rather than futzing with VTA, etc. And with the two belts that come with the TT, too!