Suggestions for an integrated upgrade please

Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my integrated here is my system

FLAC on mac book pro — Singxer Su6—Lampizator level4+ Gen5—jolida jd1000a

with gold lions preamp tubes and Mullard tubes— NHT 3.3 speakers

Before the Jolida I had an Hegel H100.

I like the midrange of the Jolida, it has a nice presence, nice timbres but the problem is when raise the volume, I don’t go deeper inside the music, it just gets louder but the sound doesn’t get bigger, soundstage is small. Also there’s no air with this amp. Bass is very weak.

The Hegel was technically nicer but I could never emotionally with the music on this amp. It just sounded fake.

I listen to 65-85dbs level, my room is small, 12’x18’

I want to stay with an integrated as my wife wont allow multiple components ans cables in the room

The NHT 3.3 are rates 87db @ 6ohm

I listened to a Kora 400, which sounded amazing but at 12k usd it is out my budget

It is hard to organize listening session because of covid

so I am looking for suggestions to narrow down the numbers of sessions needed.

I don’t mind if it is tube or transistor as long as it has beautiful midrange, timbres, deep soundstage and air.

budget is 3 to 5K usd, I don’t mind buying used or new.

any suggestions are welcome!

thanks

maurice89

Pathos Lagos.

AH any of the Qualiton Integrated but that will be a stretch with you budget.

With those innefficant speaker I would stay away from any Raven and look at Rouge even PrimaLuna.

SS I would look at any of the new Class D stuff. Bel Canto, LSA. Technics they are quite captivating.

You might consider these 5 - 

Marantz PM10S1 (Refurb) $4,999 200/400 w/Ch, all analog, 2-Balanced in

Luxman 505 UXII $4995 100W/Ch all analog, 1 set Bal inputs

Cary Audio SLI-80HS $4995 80 W/Ch, no Phono

McIntosh MA-252 Hybrid $3495   100/160W/Ch, 1 set Bal, Phono, Sub Out

Mark Levison 5805  (B-Stock) $6495 125/250 W/Ch Digital/MQA/Phono Stereophile Class A

2 Japanese, 3 American; 3 Solid-state, 1 Tube, 1 Hybrid, Technology wise, this covers the scope. I would hold out for the Mark Levinson myself, or go with the McIntosh because it is not only competent, it is sculpture. The high-end Marantz amps don't get much coverage in the US, but when they do, people are shocked at how good they are. The Luxman is also very, very good, and has lots of flexibility. Cary is a veteran tube amp shop, and they don't often put a foot wrong.Switchable beween Triode and Ultralinear modes might be enlightening.