What are you tweaking this weekend?

For me I'm installing new commercial grade outlets and making a new pair of XLR cables.

erik_squires

I finished my room and mechanical, electrical and acoustical controls months ago...

But Alas! you just submitted to me a new idea :

Assembled 4 more LAMINAR CONTROL DEVICES. My additional prediction as to placement was a mixed bag. These placements raised the soundstage too high and placed an acoustic tail over and behind my head. I already have one on the top of each speaker and 2 at chest level on my Sistrum Rack.

I then added 1 each on the speaker stand near the floor level and another directly on the floor at the speaker center.

The ones near or at floor level increased bass clarity and probably reduced interferece from the carpet piles. The ones on the rack and speaker added clarity like a comb filter with no additional brightness just more texture.

Next will be to add 1 to either outside edge of each speaker or if this is a negative place these same ones on the floor.Simple device with easily replaceable and removed results.

Wow, some of you have been really ambitious this weekend!

I replaced most of my AC outlets in my listening room and that was enough work for me!

Mahgister, 

The visual idea is to remove or work around the interference in front of your listening chair. Provide materials that have low shear velocity but are smooth not rough. Move air to you from behind the scenes..That's all for now, run with it and see what you can hear.

Tom

Sorry Erik...

Misread your OP and thought you posted twerking.

DeKay