Core Tech USBe Perfect

Core Tech USBe Perfect

I have never been shy about criticizing or complementing products in the audio industry. I have always been a tweaker and fascinated when creative minds search out ways to improve sound quality.

However, many of these items do not perform as advertised or if they do something is the cost worth it?

As I have found sometimes these innovations (tweaks) really do improve the sound quality and are worth the money. Such items as the Townshend Platforms, various Grounding devices, High Fidelity NPS-1260, fuses and the Add-Powr Sorcer X4.

Today, I received the Core Tech USBe Perfect. Now this is a little plug in usb that goes into your Dac, CD, Streamer etc. I think its claim to fame is based on using it with an usb cable from a digital device utilizing a usb cable to the Dac. Since my Lumin X1 is a Streamer/Dac combo and I use fiber cable to connect to the Lumin there is no usb needed in my digital chain. But I am using an 8TB external hard drive where all my music is stored that does connect to my Lumin X1 via an usb cable so that is where I used the USBe Perfect.

Man, I wish I had the ability to use such eloquent sonic descriptions like the rag mags use (lifting veils, Liquidity?) Etc. Best I can say that from the first installation (cold out of the box) I did hear a more solid image. I hear more presence; bass is stronger and just about everything I like sound quality wise improved. My .50c opinion is that the music sounds stronger.

It is listed for $299 without a usb cable. Since I already own Curious usb cables I didn’t need an additional cable. Is it worth the cost? I really do think so, and your milage will not vary.

I’ve got to state again that this is worth the cost for the improvement. Feel free to send me any of your excess money…

ozzy

128x128ozzy

I see the price Is much higher on the site? Was $299 a special promo price? Also. not sure he offers a return policy? In the past he has not.  

I think that is the current price sans the usb cable. And there is no return.

ozzy

grannyring,

You and I have been around the block a few times and know what an improvement is. If you don’t like the USBe Perfect, I’ll buy it from you. Then I can hear what 2 of these devices do.

ozzy

Ha! Thanks Ozzy. I see I was looking at the complete usb cable.  
I owned the Ifi unit that looks very similar and did not like it.  Also tried one from Epirical Audio years ago.  Both took away from the music.  I am sure this one is different based on your comments! 

I just noticed that combining the AudioQuest’s Jitter bug with the USBe Perfect is not a good thing. You would think if one were good 2 would be better? But no, there seems to be too much in your face sound.

ozzy