Walmart, 97 cents, for Vibration Control

Simply place on components, or wrap around cables and plugs.  As with footers, location counts.  The more resolving systems will benefit.  The "Fuzzy Sticks" resemble pipe cleaners, but they are lighter, thinner and less rigid.  This means they can be folded, bent in spirals, and cut with a scissors. 

Prepare to be astonished.  What music lover doesn't have micro-vibrations they would prefer to eliminate?

sgordon1

Here we see the NAD C-series pucks in action

Makes the Classic series look more like the Masters series.

So glad to see other music lovers using OTC solutions vs high priced snake oil Audiophile gizmo's.

My equipment rack, for instance, sits atop washing machine "Vibe Killers" They have a skull and cross bone logo (I want the tee shirt) how can you not love that

Turntable is on a butcher block cutting board, etc, etc.....

Guess the pipe cleaners are next.....

Thanks, there are some interesting and affordable ideas here, regarding vibration control.

Several years ago I came across a product that was made for underlayment for marine flooring, that I found works very well for a dampening and isolation buffer. It is a sheet of 3/16" dense felt, bonded to a 3/16" layer of rubber.

What worked well for me was to cut out various sized squares (2"x2", 3'"x3", etc.) from the sheet of underlayment and put them in the corners between my 2" thick Back Walnut butcher blocks and the rack shelve and then couple the component to the butcher block with brass cones, with a thin felt washer between the component and base of the cones. The purpose and archived result is coupling the component to the mass of the block and isolating the block and component from the resonance of the rack.

With a little ingenuity and a bit of work, it shouldn't cost a fortune to achieve affective resonance and vibration control......Jim

Another good make-shift ant-vibration solution is Velcro - that’s what's between gear racks and turntable plinths. Get the heavy-duty Velcro, (supports more weight without crushing) and the other great benefit is the plinth can’t be pushed or slid off the rack by accident/kids/pets/etc. My DIY-conversion IKEA racks can actually be lifted and carried around by the butcher-block plinths (if the rack is empty). 

I would not recommend 3M "Dual-Lock" - that will have little/no anti-vibration effect. Dual-Lock has it's purpose, I use that on the motorcycles for mounting cameras, camera remotes, XM antennas, etc., but if you're looking for vibe-control don't mistakenly buy "Dual-Lock" for that. You also don't want "Low-profile" for anti-vibe because you want the highest profile available.

This reminds me of another anti-vibe solution that’s on the IKEA racks... equipped with soft rubber casters to help isolate from the floor, and enabling easily spin and move (to make cable connections) - very convenient with a 73 Lb. amp on the bottom shelf.