Has anyone tried a Zobel network on GMA Eos HD speakers?

I am wondering if anyone has tried a Zobel network on Green Mountain Audio Eos HD speakers and, if so, what values you used for the resistor and capacitor and what you thought it did for sound quality.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Chris

cporada

I am confused why this is a bad idea, and I find it highly counterproductive to call  me "stupid", as the point of this forum is to discuss ideas, not to insult people. There have been dozens of companies over the years who have sold "speaker filters" that do exactly this. There are actually some of these for sale right now on Audiogon (https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisaebf4-precision-audio-technologies-holiday-pricing-loudspeaker-system-purifiers-hear-your-l-tweaks). Moreover, cable companies, e.g., MIT, have long included "filter networks" in their cables, which I would assume do the same thing, i.e., flatten the impedance curve seen by the amplifier, making its job easier. Isn't this also the goal of the Speltz Autoformers?  Am I missing/completely misunderstanding something?

I had a number of conversations with Roy Johnson in the last year or so that he was alive. He was designing a version of the EOS with a RAAL ribbon that never came to be. If I remember correctly, he designed his crossovers with a zobel network built into them on both Rio and EOS. I am not sure it would be a good idea to add another. Read the other two responders posting history and you may get an idea of why you got the reply you did from them. It is their normal level of usefulness.

@cporada After my above reply, I realized that I have a copy of the EOS HD manual that I printed while I was waiting on my EOS Rx (the name chosen for the RAAL version) to be built. I flipped through the information, and it states that in fact the EOS HD does have a zobel network as part of the crossover. The manuals for the GMA products are unobtanium since Roy's passing and closing of the webpage.