The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

You’re overthinking this one … Purchase the 3.15 and place your mind at ease.

Ok @dabel, send me 2 6.500 euros checks as insurance if something goes wrong to my 2 P12 gears and I’ll certainly do. LOL

Outstanding comeback! I’d never put another man’s gear or wallet in harm’s way. If this is of any comfort, my pre blows 3.15 fast SR Purples … but not a 3 fast bussman. The slow blow tolerance, why would that be any different. You’ll do what’s best for you.

Now, if I could only collect on thee substantial amount of US dollars that I’ve so generously helped out others with ;-)

Regards

Anyway thank you @dabel for your suggestion.

Happy new year and stay all safe my friends!

A member no longer on A'gon would say that it was because all wire, including in fuses, is directional due to the extruding process.  Hoping you can shed some light on this.

That is the prevailing theory, yes. It is also a predictable and repeatable phenomenon. The only complicating factor, when a cable in an audio system has multiple conductors, if all conductors were not aligned for directionality, so that they are all in the same direction relative to their pull or cast as formed, determining directionality becomes splitting the difference between how many conductors are going in one direction and how many in another which can make differences less dramatic. But when you have a single conductor, or all are aligned, it’s incredibly easy to hear the difference.