The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

@ted_denney 

Not wanting to start any debate, and I don't remember seeing it discussed before, can you without giving away any product confidential information relate what makes the fuses directional?

A member no longer on A'gon would say that it was because all wire, including in fuses, is directional due to the extruding process.  Hoping you can shed some light on this.

Thank you thyname and dabel,

I appreciate so much your opinion. Please let me explain better my thoughts:

I talked to PS Audio team, the manufacturer of the P12. They stated very clear to avoid the 3.15A fuse and stick with the 3A model. It seems that also Ted (even if he thinks the 3.15A would be ok) admits that is better to respect manufacturer recommendations.

At the end I prefer to try the right way: searching for a logical solution! A production of 3A Purple fuse according to SR if possible in order to satisfy a personal need and probably part of the market need (Asian and European customers who want to keep their warranty rights valid).

if SR can produce them, that’s fine otherwise I will search for other brands like QSA that have on catalogue a 3A fuse model.

I love the improvement in SQ that the Purple fuses offer (now I’m using them in other components) and I would like to thank so much Ted for his kind approach reserved to me, awaiting his final decision about production possibility. It means a very customer oriented company and CEO. I think so, also in case he has to decline, I suppose it’s not easy during these difficult days adding products on BOM.

Hope other EU customers can find helpful these posts.

You’re overthinking this one … Purchase the 3.15 and place your mind at ease.

Ok @dabel, send me 2 6.500 euros checks as insurance if something goes wrong to my 2 P12 gears and I’ll certainly do. LOL

Outstanding comeback! I’d never put another man’s gear or wallet in harm’s way. If this is of any comfort, my pre blows 3.15 fast SR Purples … but not a 3 fast bussman. The slow blow tolerance, why would that be any different. You’ll do what’s best for you.

Now, if I could only collect on thee substantial amount of US dollars that I’ve so generously helped out others with ;-)

Regards