FEDEX keeps destroying my New CARY 805RS Monoblocks - What can I do to prevent Nightmare?

Hello members,

I really need your help to resolve this issue that has been going on since 12/14/2021. It is now 1/1/2022 and I still have only 1 amplifier that is working and hopefully NOT damaged.

I noticed that many of you are very fond of the Cary 805 monoblocks.
I have purchased a pair and have had 3 amplifiers destroyed by FEDEX Ground.
Any idea how I can get one without having the AMP DESTROYERS ruin them?
CARY ships them in WOODEN CRATES and they still are damaged.
FEDEX also totally ruined one of them by sending it via truck to MINNESOTA - 1280 MILES IN THE WRONG DIRECTION !!! I live in NEW JERSEY.
What would you suggest?
Can I force FEDEX to ship them by AIR to Newark airport? FEDEX CLAIMS/REVENUE SERVICES TOLD ME yesterday that the shipper can request this if FEDEX truck delivery keeps damaging my sensitive electronics.

Should I drive to North CAROLINA - 600 MILES IN ONE DIRECTION?

The FEDEX drivers are NOT able to left the 130 pound wooden crate off of the truck or into my house. Many of the trucks don't even have a hand truck and if they do, the drivers refuse to use them.

One delivery person actually tried to hoist the wooden crate from the driveway onto his shoulder. I stopped him before he fell over backwards!

CARY has been fantastic, but FEDEX is making this into a never ending nightmare!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Mike

rodagon

Hello,

“These are not the Mono Blocks you are looking for”

Maybe not meant to be. I had the same issue with a different amp. Three times!

FEDEX isn't able to properly deliver audio products in a safe or timely manner. The last 2 items sellers shipped to me with FEDEX were weeks late and arrived damaged.

I've no longer ship FedEx and wish companies that I buy from would stop using them.

I've had two bad experiences:  (1) I sold and shipped a NAD M12 pre/DAC, FedEx lost the package.  It was found and finally delivered two days late; (2) I sent a BHK preamp to PS Audio for repair.  On the return trip, I received a FedEx "delivery conformation" email, but the preamp was not delivered to me.  Instead, it was delivered to a house in my development.  Luckily, the homeowner drove to my house and gave it to me.

I've had several other instances where I'd received a "delivery conformation" email, but no delivery.  I complained to FedEx about it.  The answer I received was (paraphrasing), "some drivers will do that if they can't get it delivered on time, but plan to deliver it the next day."

i live in northern california, not far from san fran and oakland city centers, so i suspect fedex facilities and personnel here is better funded, better managed, better modernized, more to scale than many places around the country where there are greater distances, lower volumes, lower population densities, less wealth etc

i have so far had excellent luck with fedex, and ups too... some packages have had some signs of rough handling, but no damage on speakers and electronics for quite a few years - and i have alot alot of gear coming in and out of my location

all this said, i only buy insisting gear is shipped in original factory packaging, and for especially large items like big heavy speakers, i opt for ltl freight using pallets