Turntable Hum

Any help appreciated!

Low pitched hum coming from TT input ...even when TT is not running . Hum is noticeable at about 1/4 volume & really bad at 50%

Manley Monoblock Snappers

VPI Scout w Hana MC cart right next to amp on table (moved TT away from amp to floor made 0 difference)

Allnic 1202 Phonostage grounded to VPI TT (on floor below JBL speakers & main speakers right to the left Tekton Encores)

Manley Jumbo Shrimp Preamp

Klark Teknik 32 band EQ

All cables (interconnects) recently replaced - Mogami

I tried ground lifting the TT motor - no change

unplugged tv & nearby laptop - no change

unplugged all lights nearby - no change

I suppose my next troubleshooting venture is to run a ground from phonostage to everywhere & start touching things? Phonostage seems to be the culprit....

😕

Thanks everyone!

128x128tommypenngotti

@millercarbon really appreciate your time on this matter , the hunt continues...I'll post soon...

@audio-union and of course I will go down the rabbit hole of what cart works best with my set up 😃  was investigating the AT ART-9 , have heard alot of positives . I'll try a different power cord on Phonostage...thanks 

@tommypenngotti make it easy get a wall plug tester and make sure the power at the wall is correct. Check to make sure the power cords are ALL wired correctly.

I would also consider checking to make sure there is not some noise on your neutral or ground that should not be there. I once found the neutral at the power drop coming into the house was broken at the pole. This particular case will show up as a low voltage on the 110 circuits usually around 90 volts.

I was reading the cartridge installation instructions for my tonearm last night- SME 3009 S2 improved. 

it said on some cartridges there’s s tab on the green lead which has to be disconnected from the headshell or it will cause a ground loop and hum on the RIGHT channel (white signal, green ground), IIRC.

FWIW

@audio-union I will check the power with my multi meter ...thanks 

@cakyol no idea on tonearm grounding...it's a VPI Super Prime Scout w 10.5" tonearm....I know the headshell on Hana cart is grounded 🤷‍♂️

thanks